Re: Aorist of epistle in I Cor 5 ?

marc bauer (marc_bauer@hotmail.com)
Thu, 13 Nov 1997 18:25:19 PST

"Brian E. Wilson" <brian@twonh.demon.co.uk> then writes

>I wonder whether ** minimalist ** is not what is meant here, but rather
>** minimist ** ? According to the New Shorter Oxford English
Dictionary,
>"Minimalism" is a political term to do with minimizing governmental
>intervention in society. "Minimism" is used in theology and is about
>minimizing a dogma or theory.

some more of the ole snipperooney here too.

(how do you like that techno babble, eh?)

>BRIAN E. WILSON

seriously, i may understand the word minimalist incorrectly also. not a
theologian by study, but by living, i simply explain my use of
minimalist by those more authoritative than i. such as dever in his
recent group of articles in basor and bar and such in dialogue with
reich and thompson. dever and shanks both use minimalist and not
minimist. and this is an interesting clarification, mr. wilson.

marc bauer
marc_bauer@hotmail.com