Please read incoming mail before responding (was: Re: 2 THESS

Sun, 16 Nov 1997 06:18:50 -0600

At 8:21 PM -0600 11/15/97, RHutchin@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 11/14/97 3:36:16 PM, dixonps@juno.com wrote:
>
>> [message deleted]

Before this latest exchange of messages on this thread (and after the last
response of Roger Hutchinson, Edward Hobbs asked that it be continued
OFF-LIST on grounds that it has come to be concerned more with doctrine
than with the meaning of the Greek. It's disturbing to see that it has
continued in spite of that request; I would like to think that this has
happened because people are not reading completely through the incoming
mail before responding to messages that interest them. If that's the case,
I'd like to take the occasion to urge people to read all the incoming mail
on the list before responding to any item; there's another reason for this
also: on some questions there are several responses that are repetitive of
the same information that has already been given. Moreover, if one has
something to add to a response that has already been given, it makes it
more helpful to take into account what a previous responder has already
said. I think that paying attention to this sort of procedure would make
the list more useful and appreciated by all.