Re: Lexicon quest

Jim West (jwest@highland.net)
Thu, 20 Nov 1997 13:34:44 -0500

At 12:11 PM 11/20/97 -0600, you wrote:
>Hello all -
>
>A simple question, yet among the members of the group at hand,
>there may be quite a variety of responses to the question I'm
>posing... but I'll pose anyway:
>
>Any reason to prefer Mounce's lexicon to BAGD or vice versa?
>Do they compare in scope and treatment? How about Spicq?

I ahve always used and prefer BAGD. Spicq is OK but not complete.
As to why I prefer BAGD over Mounce I suppose it is merely a matter of
personal likes. I Like their thoroughness and the fact that the word
"database" is not restricted to the NT but also includes other early
christian and non christian greek literature.

>Thanks for your insight...
>
>Todd

Jim

Jim West