Re: Introducing the cases: round two

Micheal Palmer (mwpalmer@earthlink.net)
Mon, 24 Nov 1997 20:46:43 -0800 (PST)

At 7:30 AM -0500 11/20/97, Jonathan Robie wrote:

>I agree with you, and the "complement" approach is better preparation for
>using BAGD to identify the various complements of verbs, as well as being
>closer to the approach in Smyth. However, I am not aware that any NT Grammar
>takes this approach, and Smyth does not really discuss different kinds of
>complements. I would really like a precise discussion of complements that I
>could draw on, including complements of English verbs. Does anybody know of
>such a thing?

Simon Wong's book on the verbs in the Pauline corpus should be out soon
from Peter Lang. It treats the complements of (all?) the verbs in the
Pauline letters. It will be a valuable addition to the bibliography of
anyone working with New Testament Greek.

Is Simon still on this list? If you're out there, perhaps you could tell us
a little about the book.

Micheal W. Palmer mwpalmer@earthlink.net
Religion & Philosophy
Meredith College

Visit the (New and Improved) Greek Language and Linguistics Gateway at
http://home.earthlink.net/~mwpalmer/
You can also access my online bibliography of Greek Linguistics at
http://home.earthlink.net/~mwpalmer/bibliography.html