Re: Accents and Arabic numerals don't mix

Jonathan Robie (jonathan@texcel.no)
Thu, 14 May 1998 12:39:07 -0400

At 11:11 PM 5/14/98 +0800, Steven Cox wrote:
>I feel like stupid for not knowing this but..
>Is there any font that meets the following criteria:
>(1) Freeware
>(2) Accents
>(3) Arabic Numbers

Yes, the SIL fonts meet all your criteria. One downside: they don't seem to
display with Netscape. The rest of this is a repeat of a message I sent
earlier:

The Summer Institute of Linguistics has released very attractive fonts as
freeware. These fonts include Greek, Hebrew, and textual apparatus
(adequate for everything found in the UBS apparatus). You can find these
fonts at these locations:

Greek
http://www.sil.org/computing/fonts/silgreek/

Hebrew
http://www.sil.org/computing/fonts/silhebrew/index.html

Apparatus
http://www.sil.org/computing/fonts/silgreek/SILApparatusFonts.html

Windows Keyboard Utility
http://www.sil.org/computing/fonts/keyman.html

Mac Keyboard Utility
http://www.sil.org/computing/silkey.html

Many thanks to the SIL folks for developing these fonts!

Jonathan

jonathan@texcel.no
Texcel Research
http://www.texcel.no