Re: grammars: Hewett, Voelz, etc.

clayton stirling bartholomew (c.s.bartholomew@worldnet.att.net)
Sat, 16 May 1998 17:39:51 +0000

Chuck Tripp wrote:

> clayton sterling bartholomew offered some suggestion. Among them Machen J:
> NT Gk for beginners.

Whoa! I mention Machen but I gave one star! The lowest rating. I am not a fan
of Machen's Grammar, not even close. I do appreciate Machen the man however.
His grammar had it's day but it is over. Good grief, how many books stay in
print for 75 years?

Allison wrote:
>> Hmmm...I guess that's really all I've used. Lately I was pleased to find
>> Machen's grammar for 25 cents and Ray Summer's grammar for 50 cents.

I think I will get Allison to do my book shopping for me. She seems to know
some good sources. I recently saw S.R. Driver's "Intro to the Literature of
the OT" for 95 cents. I passed it up. Thought it was over priced.

Clay