Re: help me with YALLW

George Athas (gathas@mail.usyd.edu.au)
Tue, 26 May 1998 08:14:46 +1000

WmHBoyd wrote:

> Where I worship, we are dedicated to restoring New Testament Christianity and
> limiting our practice to that which is authorised in the scriptures, so like
> the church in the New Testament, we do not use instruments. [...]

But, what do you make of Paul's use of YALLW in Ephesians? Doesn't this reflect
perhaps some kind of music? What other evidence is there that the early church did
not use music? I'm actually quite curious about this, William. Please let me know
(perhaps privately).

Best regards!
George Athas
PhD (Cand.), University of Sydney
Tutor of Hebrew, Moore Theological College
Phone: 0414 839 964 ICQ#: 5866591
Email: gathas@mail.usyd.edu.au
Visit the Tel Dan Inscription Website at
http://www-personal.usyd.edu.au/~gathas/teldan.htm