Re: Call for owner-b-greek

Maurice A. O'Sullivan (mauros@iol.ie)
Wed, 27 May 1998 19:43:56 +0100

At 12:27 27/05/98 -0400, you wrote:
>At 12:43 PM -0400 5/27/98, Larry Ingram wrote:
>>I too would like to communicate with the "owner" about getting the
>>Subject Header activated. This way the list members can see where the mail
>>is coming from so we can place all of them together for reading and
>>responding.
>
>Larry, I think this is a function of your own mailing program; I happen to
>be using Eudora, and if any header in the message has
>"b-greek@virginia.edu" in it, that message is automatically filtered to my
>B-Greek mailbox. I would imagine that if headers aren't showing in your
>mail system, then something's problematic or unimplemented in your program,
>but I suspect that this is something you could fix from your end.

Carl:
Sometimes lack of headers in the summary table of an In-box of a mailing
program such as Eudora can result from having a malformed mail message
sitting in your mailbox on your ISP's mail server.

The easiest way to take care of it is to log into the text system operated
by your ISP [ ask for the telnet address of the mail server and use a
telnet program to get into whatever plain text.program running on your ISP ]]
Open the list of your mail from there, deleting the offending message.

If Larry finds that there are no mal-formed messages in his mailbox, then
the fault lies in the mailing program he is using on his own machine.

Hope this helps.

Maurice

Maurice A. O'Sullivan
mauros@iol.ie

To attack a man for talking nonsense is like finding your mortal enemy
drowning in a swamp and jumping in after him with a knife. --Karl Popper