Re: article on Matt 4:1-11

Jim West (jwest@highland.net)
Sat, 30 May 1998 14:11:30 -0400

At 01:02 PM 5/30/98 -0500, you wrote:

>I am willing to be swayed on this but you'll have to be more specific.
>To assert simply "he is wrong" will not be enough to convince me
>and I hope few others would be convinced by it. Perhaps you could
>specify some examples of why he is wrong or maybe even cite some other
>sources that say "he is wrong." I would ask for a similar defence from
>someone who asserted "Jim is wrong" I promise.

Sorry. He is wrong here because he is talking about attic and applying it
to Koine. This is apples and oranges.

>> Help me here. I know the two are different in certain respects but can
>we cite sources and specific examples to support your statement.

I recall somemthing being posted to the list just in the last week or so
which discussed the differences between attic and koine. I am sorry I do
not have that message- but I suppose someone will have retained it and it
can be checked rather than endlessly repeated.

>Respectfully,
>Kevin Mullins
>Flroence, AL
>kevinm@getaway,net