Re: Revised footers

Jonathan Robie (jonathan@texcel.no)
Fri, 05 Jun 1998 15:11:10 -0400

At 02:51 PM 6/5/98 -0400, Nichael Cramer wrote:

>In the footer are forms like the following:
>
>> mailto:b-greek@franklin.oit.unc.edu
>> mailto:subscribe-b-greek@franklin.oit.unc.edu
>
>These forms are only meaningful for those (poor, benighted ;-) souls who
>are reading their mail in a browser (especially this last one).

I don't read my mail in a browser, I user the Eudora mailer, and it does
fine with these. I'm not sure which mailers do or do not support this.

>Anyway, the text-only verison of these can be quite strange to parse for
>the uninitiated.

I'm sure this is true...

>Moreover, folks if include one of these footer in subsequent messages
>(which seems likely), it will include any person-specific information
>included in the footer. (e.g. the by clicking the above, anyone else could
>easily attempt to submit a UNSUBSCRIBE message from me --although
>presumable the lister-serv software is smart about this).

Well, I could go back to having the headers contain this information. They
wouldn't be included in replies. Would that be better?

Jonathan

---
b-greek home page: http://sunsite.unc.edu/bgreek