Re: Revised footers

Ben Crick (ben.crick@argonet.co.uk)
Sat, 6 Jun 98 01:29:48

On Fri 5 Jun 98 (15:40:46), swainl@rocky.edu wrote:
> To a degree: it also makes sense if one is using Eudora, Pegasus, or any
> other email program for Win95, Win 3.1, or Mac in so far as I know.
> However, if one is using DOS, or Unix, based programs, then you are quite
> correct, the html tags are problematic. But I would hope that those who
> are using Pine, Elm and the like would read the "mailto:" as an instruction
> and understand it that way. What do others think?

Personally, I think that HTML should be reserved for the World Wide Web,
and that plain ASCII text should be reserved for the Email system.

"Horses for Courses" - HTML for the WWW, ASCII for the Email. I use the
Email system most, because I can upload and download in a couple of
minutes of on-line time, then read and answer the messages at my leisure
before up- and down-loading again. To surf the Web, I need to remain
on-line for a much longer time, with dire results to my phone bill!

IMHO the "how to unsubscribe" footer is very useful. Otherwise, idle people
who NEVER bother read the List FAQ will continue to post to the List their
pathetic and futile demands to "unsubscribe b-greek".

IDOU GEGRAFA
Ben

--
 Revd Ben Crick, BA CF