Re: Traveling Greeks (was SBL in Poland)

Paul S. Dixon (dixonps@juno.com)
Wed, 10 Jun 1998 20:57:41 EDT

On Wed, 10 Jun 1998 11:05:02 +0000 clayton stirling bartholomew
<c.s.bartholomew@worldnet.att.net> writes:
>Carl W. Conrad wrote:
>
>> I COULDN'T RESIST: "shruburb": is that tantamount to a suburb that's
>out in
>> the sticks?
>
>Carl,
>
>Actually not in the sticks. I live in a wooded neighborhood just North
of
>Three Tree Point overlooking Puget Sound. The lot is thick with Salal,
>which grows up to five or six feet deep. It is a very shrubby place. I
have
>a view of the Olympic MT Range, but MT Olympus is just out of sight
behind
>MT Constance.
>
>Enough said, this is kind of off topic.

Clayton:

I couldn't resist. Our church is on the side of a mountain overlooking
the Willamette Valley. On a clear day we have a gorgeous view of 5
snow-covered mountain peaks, including your beloved Mt. Rainier and
Mt. St. Helens, and Mt. Adams, as well as Mt. Hood and Mt Jefferson
in Oregon. Plus, we can see as far south as the Three Sisters in central
Oregon (if the mountains didn't block them). Ah, such beauty is
enough to make a Greek euphoric.

Hey, if you're from out of town and visiting Portland, be sure to check
in
with me. If possible (there's my out), I'll treat you to a great salmon
dinner and/or show or direct you to some of the best places to see and
visit.

Paul Dixon