[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Machine readable texts of NT manuscripts

I am collating the uncial manuscripts of the Epistle to the Hebrews.
For your information, these are P12, P13, P17, P46, P79, P89, 01, 02,
03, 04, 06, 015, 016, 018, 020, 025, 044, 048, 049, 075, 0121b, 0122,
0227, 0228, and 0252.
I have three questions:
1) Do Machine readable texts of these manuscripts exist?
2) Is it possible to use a Kurzweil (or the like) scanner to produce
a machine readable text file from a reasonable quality reproduction
of a manuscript? If so, what would the cost and error rate of such a
process be?
3) Is there a word processing program that could handle variants in
the following way:

THIS IS THE | NORMAL   | TEXT BUT SOMETIMES YOU GET THESE | VARIANT
            | USUAL    |                                  | OPTIONAL
            | STANDARD |                                  | ALTERNATIVE

READINGS | WHICH SOMETIMES MAKE SENSE AND SOMETIMES DON'T. OMISSIONS,
PHRASES  |
WORDING  |

ADDITIONS AND TRANSPOSITIONS ALSO OCCUR.

Notice how the word processor would need the ability to put the special
variant demarcation characters (|) in a column, and the ability to 'wrap'
variant readings which happen at the end of a line.

This is my first message to the nt-greek group. Greetings to you all.