[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Ms database

The Institut fuer Neutestamentliche Text Forschung in Munster
appears to have machine-readable texts of all the major and many
minor MSS of the general epistles, and possibly the paulines.
My inquiries about the electronic texts were met first with a
cool suggestion that I buy their books and then with silence.

Bart Ehrman promised me to bring up with the IGNTP committee sometime
the suggestion that their exhaustive apparatus be brought out also
in machine-readable form.  For Luke, this would involve
scanning and proofing the published paper text.
For the 21st century John, there are rumblings indicating
that a machine-readable form might already be in process,
particularly for the papyri.

Keep me informed of developments.

Vincent Broman,  code 572 bayside,                                  =   o
Naval Command Control and Ocean Surveillance Center, RDT&E Div.   =  _ /- _
San Diego, CA  92152-5000,  USA                                  =  (_)> (_)
Internet Email: broman@nosc.mil    Fax: +1 619 553 1635   Phone: +1 619 553 1641