[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Paul, a 90's kind of guy

Tom Geer writes:

>2)  In my humble opinion, to suggest that Paul thought that the author
>of Genesis 15 thought that the phrase would include Gentiles is just as
>problematic as arguing that Paul thought like a 90's kind of guy in regard
>to male-female roles.  People, even writers of Scripture, are children of
>the age.

How would you understand Gal 3:29: "And if you belong to Christ, then you
are Abraham's offspring, heirs according to promise."

Or Gal 3:8: "And the Scriptures, forseeing that God would justify
the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel beforehand to Abraham, saying,
'All the nations shall be blessed in you.'"

I can tell by the sarcasim you don't agree, but I can't tell exactly why,
or how your would understand these verses, or Paul's argument as a whole.
Paul can easily be a child of his age, and have come to believe that the
much of the Scriptures speak directly of Christ, can't he?