[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

File GATEWAY.MAIL received for you by Virginia.BITNET

Date: Thu, 06 May 93 09:15:46 -0700
From: Ted Brunner <tbrunner@orion.oac.uci.edu>
Subject: TLG CD ROM D
To: nt-greek@VIRGINIA.BITNET

Inquiries about TLG CD ROM D are coming across various servers; rather
than to respond to them individually I will promulgate a general statement:

The new disks have been delivered to us from Sony.  TLG CD ROM C
contained roughly 42 million words of text; the D disk contains
approximately 57 million words of text.  The various software
developers had received advance copies of CD ROM D some time ago and
have, I would assume, been modifying their programs to meet the
requirements of the new disk.

A couple of days ago, we mailed form letters to all TLG CD ROM
licensees providing them with instructions on how to proceed with the
C-to-D exchange.  PLEASE DO NOT SEND YOUR C DISK BACK TO US UNTIL YOU
HAVE RECEIVED YOUR COPY OF THIS FORM LETTER.

We anticipate that, a few days from now, we will be inundated by
returned C disks, along with requests for the D version.  Please be
assured that we will try to work as fast as humanly possible to get
the new disks to you.  However, the logistics of this process will be
awesome.  I would therefore suggest that if you do not have any
immedate need for some of the new materials on the D disk (e.g. the
scholia, etc.) you hold off for a few weeks before requesting an exchange.

A couple of messages this morning inquire whether the currently
available CDU version works with the D disk.  To the best of my
knowledge, it does (though note the comments made by Sterling
Bjorndahl on this subject this morning).  Our form letter providing
instructions for the exchange process also contains information on the
subject of software.

If anyone has any immediate and specific questions about any of this,
please address them to me via e-mail.

Ted Brunner

Theodore F. Brunner, Director
Thesaurus Linguae Graecae