[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

I Cor 6.20

Thanks to all of you who took time to respond to my query, especially
to James Tauber who began to find this as interesting as I.

I especially appreciated Edward Hobbs' contribution (not just because
he taught me Greek :-)) and those from James, especially because
they were textually and grammatically based.  Part of my original
question was whether or not the translation "bought with a price"
was influenced by theological concerns -- not the first time
translation has been driven by theology rather than vice-versa.

Again, thanks to all.
Gary Brower                                "I have noticed that cats are
gbrower@char.vnet.net                     little impressed by religion."
                                     Beauty, in _Beauty_ by Sheri Tepper