[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

re: UBS4

bartunc@uncmvs.oit.unc.edu wrote:
> ...the evidence (chiefly, I think the Patristic) has been checked
> and thoroughly reworked,

I seem to remember the Alands writing that the Patristic citations
in UBS3 were excessive and that they would be pruned down in UBS4.
(That doesn't sound like progress to me.)
Could you tell whether the reworking of the evidence was in
introducing new citations, removing attestation from the lemma only
in scriptural commentaries, or expunging declasse authors, for example?

Vincent Broman,  code 572 Bayside                        Phone: +1 619 553 1641
Naval Command Control and Ocean Surveillance Center, RDT&E Div.
San Diego, CA  92152-6147,  USA                          Email: broman@nosc.mil