[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

PTWCOI

Can anyone comment on who were the "PTWCOI" that Jesus so often refered
to?  My dictionary describes them as publically having been reduced to begging
for food to survive.  How did they get into that condition?  As I understand
it, slaves would not have been in such conditions since they were taken
care of, if perhaps poorly, by masters.  Would this term have meant something
different in Jewish communities, compared to Greek communities?  Did these
people end up on the streets for some of the same reasons as today, or was
society quite different in terms of how it could alienate folks?

David Headly

Headly@fsunuc.physics.fsu.edu