[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Hebrews 12:15

Paul Ellingworth in his 1993 commentary on Hebrews accepts enoxle on
the basis of the "overwhelming extrnal evidence for <GK>enoxle<gk>"
and because it "disturbs the balance of the three <GK>me tis<gk>
phrases or clauses in vv. 15f., and is thus the harder reading" (pp
663-64).  He thinks it likely the writer reproduced a LXX text that
had the <GK>enoxle<gk> reading.  He notes Blas-Debrunner Section 165
and also Leonard's 1939 commentary as having more discussion.

Glenn Wooden
Acadia Divinity College, N.S.