[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: conditionals

--- Forwarded message:

Date:     24 Nov 93  15:29:34 GMT
From:     D Mealand <ewnt05@uk.ac.ed.castle>
Subject:  Re: conditionals
To:       Mari Olsen <molsen@edu.nwu.ling.astrid>
In-reply-to:Your message <9311221740.AA02054@astrid.ling.nwu.edu>

There are hardly any syntactically analysed texts outside the NT & LXX
amongst Greek texts so it isn't so easy outside the NT.  If I were wishing to
know this I would take some or all of Polybius (for Hellenistic writing) or
Dionysius of Halicarnassus (for early Atticizing) with TLG.  I would use
Ibycus and ask for every instance of #ei# or #ean# and then check the context
to see what % of the first  n 100 samples were of which tense.

David M.

--- End of forwarded message

Please note new details below:
David L. Mealand            *    Bitnet:David.Mealand%uk.ac.edinburgh@ukacrl
University of Edinburgh     *    Office Fax: (+44)-31-650-6579
Scotland, U.K.  EH1 2LX     *    Office tel.:(+44)-31-650-8917 or 8921