[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Vulgate text errors

Does anyone have access to the administrators of ftp.funet.fi?

I have been looking at Latin Vulgate text they have there, and there are
a couple of serious mistakes in the text. I tried to leave a message to
draw their attention to this (in the "incoming" directory), but access
was denied me.

The Letter of St. Paul to the Galatians is missing completely, and
instead the Letter to the Ephesians is included twice - once under the
name of Galatians!

Secondly, the majority of the book of Daniel is missing. Only up
to Chapter 3 verse 23 is included.

It seems a pity to spoil such a useful text with these blemishes.

I have also found that most books also have some stray extra verses tagged
on the end, but this could possibly be due to the uncompressing of the
tar.gz file under my MS DOS system.

Incidentally the above mistakes occur both in the large .gz file, and
also in the books as individual files.

It would be doing them, and those who might use the text, a favour to
draw their attention to this.

John Richards

John Richards                                          Pembrokeshire (UK)
                        jhr@elidor.demon.co.uk