[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: John 1:1c readings?

On Thu, 27 Jan 1994, MR ALAN R CRAIG wrote:

>         I am doing a study on the reading (translation) and meaning of the
> third clause of John 1:1.  Has anyone done any studies on this and/or know
> of any which might have been done, perhaps as unpublished papers?
>
> Alan Craig
> Upper Marlboro, Maryland.

See now the discussion by Murray J. Harris, Jesus as God:  The NT Use of
Theos in Reference to Jesus (Grand Rapids:  Baker Book House, 1992).
Harris' work has some problems at various points, in my view, but is
bibliog. rich and his treatment of this verse seems basically sound to me.
 Larry Hurtado, Religion, Univ. of Manitoba