[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Romans 7.25 (ho autos)

On Wed, 27 Apr 94 08:18:23 GMT you said:
>It seems to me that our English translations are missing the point of
>"ho autos" in Romans 7.25.
>"Ho autos" in Biblical Greek seems to be an idiom ....

Am I missing something here? My text (UBS4) reads simply "ara oun autos egw
twi men noi douleuw nomwi theou tEi de sarki nomwi hamartias." Nor do I find
"ho autos" listed as a variant in the critical apparatus. The RSV and others
are surely translated my text correctly.

CARL W. CONRAD, C25001CC@WUVMD.BITNET OR C25001CC@WUVMD.WUSTL.EDU
Classics, Washington University, One Brookings Dr., St. Louis, MO 63130
Phone: (314) 935-4018