[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

translation - specifics

Can we take a specific instance of more than one meaning?  John 3.3 has
"begotten again" or "begotten from above".  We can be sure with high
probability of the above/again play because of 3.31 etc.  We can also
conclude that begotten is meant rather than born because of other uses
in FG and 1Jn.  So here is the gauntlet.  Can people (in ONE FRAME On SCREEN
ONLY PLEASE !  :-)   ) specify their problems with univocity and dynamic
equivalence in reference to this specific issue?

My challenge is to discuss one phrase using only one frame and to
be really informative rather than give us 6 frames of rambling theory.

David M.
David L. Mealand            *    E-mail: David.Mealand%uk.ac.ed@ukacrl
University of Edinburgh     *    Office Fax: (+44)-31-650-6579
Scotland, U.K.  EH1 2LX     *    Office tel.:(+44)-31-650-8917 or 8921