[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Translation - specifics

I notice that despite the fact that I specifically pointed out in my
challenge that the Johannine evidence unequivocally favours "begotten" over
"born" as the translation in Jn 3.3 all the contributors so far have simply
assumed that born is the right translation.  The verse not only contains the
presumably deliberate ambiguity of the anwthen but also this element as well.

David M.
David L. Mealand            *    E-mail: David.Mealand%uk.ac.ed@ukacrl
University of Edinburgh     *    Office Fax: (+44)-31-650-6579
Scotland, U.K.  EH1 2LX     *    Office tel.:(+44)-31-650-8917 or 8921