[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

statistical analysis of NT words

Bernard Coulie asks

> Does anyone know whether a statistical analysis exists for all the verbs in
> the Greek NT, indicating the tenses and modes of the verbs? (i.e. how much
> indicatives, subjunctives, and so on).

Nobody yet seems to have mentioned Morgenthaler's *Statistik des
Neutestamentlichen Wortschatzes* which has been around for decades and covers
not just verbs but all NT words.   Things are broken down by books, vocabulary
types, word frequency, parts of speech, and lots of other amazing facts.  I
picked up my copy at a used book sale for $2.00!!!!!!!!!

**  Dan G. McCartney                  |      I'net: DMCCARTNEY@HSLC.ORG  **
**  Assoc. Prof. of NT                |        WTS: 215 887 5511         **
**  Westminster Theol Seminary        |     Office: 215 572 3818         **
**  Box 27009, Chestnut Hill          |        Fax: 215 887 5404         **
**  Philadelphia, PA  19090           |       Home: 215 659 7854         **