[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: dynamic equivalence and evangelicals

I concur with James Tauber!  I could tell exactly the same
story of my transition from being a satisfied NIV user
to being a satisfied NASB user (while becoming dissatisfied
with the NIV).  I get the same garbage NIV word studies here.
Try understanding the NIV's Ephesians 1!
(Notice the correlation between dubious parts in the
translation and the presence of the word `even'.)

It was `trendy' to reject the GNB as `inferior' when moving
to an NIV, but I really think it's great (as I said in
an earlier message).

Richard.