[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

E)SQHS etc

I see that LSJM argued that the longer dative came from a different word
and they cite evidence but Bauer dismisses this.  BDF agree with Bauer.
Goodwin seems not to offer anything.  I haven't checked the TLG index
but it would be worth seeing who uses the shorter and who the longer dative
plural forms.  It might also be worth double checking the LSJM evidence which
Bauer dismisses, but he is probably right.   But is there any other instance
of a "double" dative plural third declension form?

David M.
David L. Mealand            *    E-mail: David.Mealand%uk.ac.ed@ukacrl
University of Edinburgh     *    Office Fax: (+44)-31-650-6579
Scotland, U.K.  EH1 2LX     *    Office tel.:(+44)-31-650-8917 or 8921