[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Jn 1:1

On Sat, 16 Jul 1994 Dvdmoore@aol.com wrote:
>      If someone has access to a program that could do a search for these
> grammatical constructions, we could get a clearer picture of their meanings.

I have the data available. By my count there are 662 occurences of the
lexeme eimi in GJohn, 1-3John & Rev. It will take me a couple of hours to
look for relevant examples of the various constructions.

I will restrict myself to cases where the verb is 3rd person, indicative
and singular. (I count 403 of those).

Just for interest in the mean time, the 403 are divided as follows:
	16 future middles (deponent)
	113 imperfect actives
	274 present actives

Stay tuned...

James K. Tauber, Undergraduate Student          ``Perplexed
but not Centre for Linguistics, UWA, Australia	             despairing''
E-mail: jtauber@tartarus.uwa.edu.au                    - Paul (2 Cor 4.8)
WWW:    http://tartarus.uwa.edu.au:70/students/jtauber