[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Gift of languages

> "when they had performed all things according to the law of the Lord,
> they returned into Galilee, to their own city Nazareth", does mean that
> they didn't go into Egypt for a spell.  Luke merely omits it.  Omission
> does not imply that it didn't happen.

This seems a very misleading way of reading a text to me.  If I were
reading an account of the Oregon Trail and someone mentioned that the
pioneers stopped overnight at the Dalles, and then went on down
the Columbia River, I would not assume that they took a few weeks or
months or years out to visit Los Angeles between their stop at the Dalles
and their continued journey down the river.  I would think that we should
demand at least this much coherence from the text.