[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Stauros/Crux

Subject: Stauros/Crux

 JR> I wonder what the earliest pictorial representation of the Roman
 JR> execution cross is, and are there any at about the time (and area?)
 JR> of the Crucifixion?

 Most probably the traditional cross, with the cross arm carried to the site
by the convict.

 The Tau cross comes from the forced 'conversion' of the Norse by King Olaf.
Since many remanied devotees of Thor, and since Thor's Hammer, a T shape, was
their symbol, the Tau Cross came into being as a subterfuge by Thor-
worshipping pagan remnants, for a few generations anyway.

As such, I don't think that it is a proper Christians symbol (!)

 -> Alice4Mac 2.4b2 E QWK Eval:01Jun94