[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Pentecost responses (virgin birth)

On Thu, 28 Jul 1994 08:54:15 -0500 (CDT) you said:

>William S. Monroe writes, concerning Gen 3.15
>
>  >This is simply an explanation of existing relations between man and snakes.
>
>And they call some of US "literalists"!!!

I think the point of Monroe's original statement was rather that this snippet
in Genesis 3 is an aetiology of the hostility between human beings and snakes
that is part of ordinary existence: the hostility is explained by an aetiolo-
gical story accounting for how that hostility came into being in primeval
time.