[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Question of the parable of the 10 virgins (5 wise / 5 foolish)

A friend of mine is looking for suggestions for understandings of the
meaning and background to the parable of the 10 virgins (5 wise / 5 foolish).
They have read Oesterly, and are looking for more recent work which deals
directly with this parable.  Bailey does not cover this parable (he only
covers Luke, I believe).  Any suggestions (either your own thoughts
or suggested references.)

Specifically, the general intention is watchful for the coming day,
but do the specifics of the parable actually suggest what "being
watchful" would look like.  Oesterly suggests one possibility.
Bailey suggests that the following parable (of the talents) answers
that question, while the 10 virgins does not.

I will be away on vacation next week, so inquiries regarding the list
will be handled when I return.

Thanks,

David John Marotta, Medical Center Computing, Stacey Hall
Univ of Virginia (804) 982-3718 wrk INTERNET: djm5g@virginia.edu
Box 512 Med Cntr (804) 924-5261 msg  PRODIGY: KCMR45A
C'ville VA 22908 (804) 296-7209 fax   IBM US: usuvarg8