[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Angels, Ps. 2:9

     I want to correct an error in my post 8/31/94.  I said in that post,
"'As vessels *of clay* (litereally)' comes before 'they shall be broken' in
Revelation, whereas the order is reversed in the quote in Psalms."  I had
relied on OT translations and spoke before I had consulted the Hebrew and the
LXX texts.  Both of the latter, however, have the same phrase order as in
Revelation.  I also found what Tyler Williams has already pointed out, that
the difference between "'rule' with a rod of iron" in LXX and Revelation and
"'break' with a rod of iron" as in the Masoretic tradition is simply a matter
of different vowel pointing.

David Moore