[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re. Request for Information

Dennis,

I'll second the recom. of Mounce. For someone working on their own it contains
far more help and explanations than others. Goetchius is a good text, but
would be quite difficult without an instructor. Machen has already been judged
in a previous message and I'd agree that it is a poor choice (even for
classroom use). Mounce has another advantage that hasn't been mentioned: it is
the first af a multi-vol. set of books to be published by Zondervan that will
all key together. That would give you "growing room" and use the same
terminology as to do.

Rodney J. Decker
Assistant Professor of Greek and Theology
Calvary Theological Seminary, Kansas City
(94-95 sabbatical explains the Univ. of Wisc. address!)