[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Boswell (was Re: Lexicons)

Is it possible to call a moratorium on the discussions of Boswell and Lev
18?  Personally I think it has been thrashed about more than enough.  Both
sides have presented their arguments and have evidently done some work with
the texts involved, but we have lately gotten involved in primarily
accusing each other of eisegesis (may I remind us that most interpretation/
translation involves a degree of eisegesis).  We have allowed a discussion
of Greek to degenerate into insinuations of motives, homophobia,
heterophobia, poor exegesis, and overall poor scholarship.  B-Greek is no
place for these kinds of exchanges and I sincerely hope that they stop.
The bottom line--we on this discussion group do not reach a consensus on
Lev 18 or Paul regarding homosexuality and the expression thereof.  Boswell
has been vilified and defended, but we have reached no common ground.
Suffice it to say, homosexuals and heterosexuals alike are guilty of
reading Scripture to fit their agenda and none of us have a corner on the
market of proper exegesis (although we all seem to participate somewhat in
the eisegesis part!)!  From this point on, I will be deleting all messages
from B-Greek with headings dealing with Boswell, Lev 18, or related topics.
Let's get back to Greek!

Leo Percer
PERCERL@BAYLOR.EDU