[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Luke 23:43

David:

You are correct in your assumption about the Jehovah's Witness translation.
I just checked one here in the library at Baylor, and it reads "Truly I say
unto you today, you shall be with me in paradise."  Curious, huh?  I also
agree that this reading is most likely improper.  Certainly Jesus was
speaking to the fellow "today"!  At any rate, it seems to me that the best
place for the comma is before the "today".

Leo Percer
PERCERL@BAYLOR.EDU