[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Q

In a message dated 10-19-94 Sterling Bjorndahl wrote to Steve Schaper:
 SB> No, the Q hypothesis (and I don't hesitate to call it a hypothesis)
 SB> involves a WRITTEN GREEK source.

 There is _no_ manuscript evidence for this mythical document! The earliest
historical source (Papias) knows nothing of it. Eta Linnemann has shown
conclusively that there is no literary dependence between the synoptics, so
even its' inference to fit the theories of the German-school Deists evaporates.

 -> Alice4Mac 2.4.4 E QWK Eval:11Sep94
--- Silver Xpress Mail System 5.03R1