[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Mt 19:17

To: b-greek@virginia.edu

My own view of the two gospels is that Luke is more literalistic in what he
says than Matt. ie Blessed are the poor Luke Blessed are the poor in Spirit
Matt Luke restates what Jesus said (a direct Translation if you will) but
Matt expalins what Jesus meant (Dynamic Equivalent translation)
I also think this is what is going on in the exception clause (except for
pornea) we talked about eariler. Jesus said no such thing as Luke and Mark
record. But Matt added it to interpret what Jesus said in the Context of the
debate among the schools of Shammai and Hilliel. Both of which allowed
Divorce for immorality

Dennis