[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Q and Papias

> Identical? No. Curiously different in wording, while being very similar. The
> closest analogy I've seen are separate eyewitnesses writing down what they've
> remembered of a speech or major event.

Have you actually seen separate eyewitness accounts that show
approximate both the degree of verbal similarity and of variation, or
is that the analogy you've seen that seems most reasonable to you.  If
you have actual examples of separate eyewitness accounts that are like
this, please post the references.  I would be most interested.

Stan Anderson
The Claremont Graduate School
Institute for Antiquity and Christianity
ANDERSOS@CGS.EDU