[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Q and Papias

on Sun, Oct 30, 1994 George AIchele wrote

> Speaking of which, is it true that Farmer-Griesbach-etc.
>advocates tend to be "conservative" (using the word quite loosely)
>Protestants, and 2 Source advocates tend not to be?  Does *that*
>perhaps have something to do with this thread?

   I don't think this would be an accurate characterization myself.  There are
off-shoots of the Q hypothesis that seem to be less "conservative", but many
scholars who I think would be considerred conservative hold the the Two Source
hypothesis and vice-versa.

Ken Litwak