[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

more on epignosis

When I looked at a couple of different sources, I found that Hebrews
10:26 was included in their lists of the occurence of epignosis.  The
initial reference I had must have been in error.
	However, I still have a question about the translation of
epignosis.  When comparing it to the other words translated knowledge,
epignosis clearly indicates stronger and deeper comprehension of the
object "known"--it seems to imply a participation in the object.  On this
basis, would it be justifiable to translate "epignosis" as
participation (e.g.--1Tim 2:4 would say, "...who desires all men to be
saved and to come to a participation in the truth.")
-Mark Miller