[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Jn. 1:1c

<<Another indication that "the Word was divine" is not an adequate
rendering of QEOS HN O( LOGOS is that there is a word in Koine Greek that
exactly corresponds to "divine" (QEIOS), and it is not used here.>>
I have never felt that this was a valid argument. Is there not also a word in
Greek for Loving? Yet When John Wrote God is Love, did he mean that God=love
or Love=God. No he meant God is Loving. In the same way John meant that the
Word was divine, (By the way the diety of Christ is no problem for me)
Dennis