From: Nichael Lynn Cramer <nichael@sover.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 1995 14:04:12 -0400
Subject: RE: CODEX

At 10:51 AM 03/06/95, perry.stepp@chrysalis.org wrote:
>Re. NT fragments from scrolls--
>
>The only NT scroll fragments I know of are the 7Q5 fragments, and they are too
>small for a conclusive determination of their content to be made.

Presumably the first line above is a typo for "The only putative NT scroll
fragments --an assignment almost universally rejected-- are the..."   ;-)
;-)

In any case, unless I am mistaken other NT scroll fragments exist; for
example among the papyri, p12, p13, p18 and p22 are, I believe, generally
assumed to come from scrolls.

(BTW, I'm quoting here from Eldon Epp's survey essay on the papyri[pg5],
the first essay in Bart Ehrman and Michael Holmes' wonderful new
Festschrift in honor of Bruce Metzger's 80th birthday.  Thank you Drs
Ehrman and Holmes; my reading for the summer has been settled.)

Nichael                          -- Do not trust in these deceptive
nichael@sover.net                   words: "This is the
temple of the
Paradise Farm                       Lord, the temple of the Lord, the
Brattleboro VT                          temple of the Lord".