From: "L. E. Brown" <budman@sedona.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 1995 17:19:54 GMT
Subject: DIO in 2 Co 5:9

#1 - Scope of DIO

The conjunction DIO in 2 Co 5:9 is drawing an inference or a
conclusion based upon what has preceded. My question is, how broad is
the scope of this particular conjunction? Does it encompass only those
arguments adduced in vv. 6-8 (which is itself a conclusion "OUN"), or
does it extend all the way back to encompass everything in vv. 1 &ff?

#2 - Significance of KAI

Is the KAI adverbial, indicating that the conclusion or inference is
an obvious one -- sort of a 'slam dunk' deduction?

L. E. Brown, Jr.       West Sedona Baptist Church
                                      Sedona, Az.
"Fresh Sermon Illustrations:"
       http://www.sedona.net/~budman/illustr.html