From: Jim Beale <jbeale@gdeb.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 95 13:43:19 EST
Subject: Help with Col. 1:24

Hello,

I'm stuck. Col 1:24 reads in part:

  NU=N XAI/RW E)N TOI=S PAQH/MASIN U(PE\R U(MW=N

As I understand it:

  PAQH/MASIN is dative plural.
  U(MW=N is 2nd person genitive plural.

Why does the NAS translate this:

  Now I rejoice in my sufferings for your sake

If someone asked me right now how I would translate this, I would
say:

  Now I rejoice in your abundant sufferings

That doesn't seem right! I'm sure I've missed something...

Jim