From: CNCTEMP2 <CNCTEMP2@po1.net.cho.ge.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 96 08:17:00 EST
Subject: FW: Acts1:2

 ----------
From: CNCTEMP2
To: BGREEK
Subject: Acts1:2
Date: Tuesday, January 02, 1996 5:03PM

Ken,

I don't think there is a purely grammatical argument but I think that an
argument could be constructed based upon syntax and proximity.  Moreover,
one must ask what it means for Jesus to choose through the Holy Spirit--
does that make sense, or not.  Furthermore, I think that the weight of the
evidence of ancient interpreters favors commanding through the H. Spirit.

Burleigh Custis
UVA
Charlottesville, Va