Re: Heb. 6:6, "impossible to renew"

From: Paul Dixon - Ladd Hill Bible Church (pauld@iclnet93.iclnet.org)
Date: Fri Aug 11 1995 - 02:55:57 EDT

        A Calvinistic interpretation, of course, sees Heb 6, Heb 10, 2
Peter 2 and Matt 12 as examples of the unforgiveable sin, and so that the
individuals spoken of as never really saved to start with. It is
interesting to note that Heb 6 says nothing about the individual's faith
or salvation.
        If so, the passage is a strong warning against those who might
think themselves to be saved, who continue in sins once convicted of, and
are in imminent danger of certain irreversible doom. For such there "no
longer remains a sacrifice for sins, but a certain terrifying expectation
of judgment" (Heb 10:26-27). Such was the case with the Pharisees when
they committed the unpardonable sin.
        P. Dixon