Heb. 6:6

From: DBWILLIS@aol.com
Date: Thu Aug 17 1995 - 03:54:42 EDT

David Willis here responding to Rod Decker who wrote,

2. The shift in form from aor. to present is prob. significant. Note that
the first group is linked by a 'kai...te...te' sequence. The ptcp. 'fall
away' is most directly affected by this link as it would argue that it is
parallel with the earlier ptcps. and is not conditional (as some Eng.
versions transl.). I think that the pres. ptcps. ff. can only make good
sense as causal and not temporal. (There would have to be some
other
indication in the context to make them temporal, not just the pres.
tense,
per. #1.)>>

I think you have that "other indication" in the use of the adverb "once" in
6:4.
Thank you for your reply.

David Willis
DBWILLIS@aol.com